Here are five pieces of information to help get your Wednesday off to a bright, sunny start and to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, there will be showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Patchy fog before noon. High near 80. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Patchy fog before 11pm, then Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of showers between 2pm and 3pm. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of showers. Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 64. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night A chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury School Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at the starting at 6:45 p.m. The agenda includes the introduction of new teachers, an update on the new high school and a report on the district's nutrition guidelines.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "To give you a comparison figure, the per capita spending on the Library is about 10 cents per day or around $35.00 per year." Reader Robert Homeyer, commenting on the story,
4. It's Also Happening Tonight: The Conservation Commission has a meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
5. Circle the Date: Curious about the There will be a Community Open House on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 9 to 1 p.m.