Several streets in Tewksbury will be sprayed for mosquitoes on Monday night at dusk by the Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project.
Check the list of streets below and follow these precautions to observe during a spray application, taken from the CMMCP website:
- Generally, there is no need to relocate during mosquito control spraying. The pesticides have been evaluated for this use and found to pose minimal risks to human health and the environment when used according to label directions. Although mosquito control pesticides pose low risks, some people may prefer to avoid or further minimize exposure. Some common sense steps to help reduce possible exposure to pesticides include:
- Remain indoors during the application to the immediate area. (Please remain inside for 15-20 minutes to allow the pesticide to drift through the area, or longer at your discretion)
- People who suffer from chemical sensitivities or feel spraying may aggravate a preexisting health condition, may consult their physician or local health department and take special measures to avoid exposure. (Please notify CMMCP to be placed on the “No Spray” list – 508.393.3055 or e-mail)
- Close street-facing windows and turn off the outside air setting on window air conditioners when spraying is taking place in the immediate area. (Central air units do not take in outside air, it’s OK to leave them on. You may open windows and activate window AC units 15-20 minutes after the application, or longer at your discretion)
- Do not let children play near or behind truck-mounted applicators when they are in use. (Pets should be brought inside if possible or their cages covered to allow a more thorough application to be performed – any accidental exposure to pets should not cause a problem, CMMCP is using a pesticide similar to ones used for flea and tick control)
The street spraying list for Monday, Aug. 6:
Eagles Landing condos
Indian Hill Rd.
Indian Ridge Condos
Mount Joy Dr.
North Billerica Rd.