Tickets for the Foxwood day trip of Tuesday, September 6th will go on sale next Monday at 8:15 AM.
Valerie Fisher’s Girl Scout project “Senior Citizens Game Day” will be held next Monday, August 15th at 1:00 PM. Admission is free and a fun time is on the agenda.
held on August 20th from 9 AM to 2 PM. Table space is available to the public at $15 per table or $25 for two tables. For more information one may call 978-640-4480 or drop by the Senior Center.
DJ Jon Mansfield will be back to the Senior Center on Monday, August 22nd for an afternoon of dancing. Those Seniors planning to have lunch before the dance should note that tickets must be purchased by August 17th at noon.
Dr. Smith will conduct a Podiatry Clinic at the Senior Center on Thursday, August 25th. This clinic will be limited to 30 Tewksbury Senior Citizens and is partially funded by the Council on Aging. A co-payment of $15 is due upon registration. Registrations are now being accepted and are on a first come basis.
Then on Friday, August 26 and Saturday, August 27 the Historical Society will present the play “Scot’s Heather Follies of 1861”. The performances will be held at 7:30 PM; and, the actors are our very own Tewksbury residents. Tickets are available from Society members.
Upscale consignors should note that due to the Labor Day holiday, the next “Intake of Items” day will be held on the last Monday of this month, August 29th; and, that the Upscale will begin to accept Fall clothing.
The following trip is scheduled for August; and, tickets are still available:
- August 24th (Weds.) – A trip to Provincetown via the new fast ferry which will get everyone to P-Town in 90 minutes. The trip cost is $85 and includes bus transportation to and from Boston, the fast ferry fee and a 5 hour stay at P-Town. Lunch will be on one’s own.
The following classes will resume in September at their regular times and days:
- Wood Carving on Tuesday, September 6th at 9:30 in the crafts room;
- Oil Painting on Thursday, September 8th at 1:00 PM in the crafts room (there are a couple of openings remaining in this class;
- Bunka Embroider on Monday, September 12 and Thursday, September 15th in the fabric arts room (space is available in both classes);
- Stained Class Classes will resume this fall but a date has yet to be scheduled. This class will be held on Wednesdays beginning at 12:30 PM
For more information or to place one’s name on the class interest list, one may call the Center at 978-640-4480 or drop by the reception desk at the Senior Center.
Registrations are now being accepted for the Friends 14th Annual MAW Golf Tournament being held at the Indian Ridge Country Club on Monday, September 12th. Tournament fees are $130 per person or $500 per foursome and include: a day of golf at a private course, continental breakfast, a plated luncheon and prizes as well as an enjoyable day connecting generations. The public is welcome. For more information one may call Linda Brabant at 978-640-4480 or 978-851-4243.
A pleasant week is wished to all. God Bless America.