Good morning Tewksbury!
Here are five pieces of information to help you be the smartest person at your carpool.
1. By the Numbers: According to figures provided by the U.S. Census Bureau, there are roughly 2,328 veterans living in Tewksbury. That is men and women over the age of 18 who have previously served but are not now serving in the military. 2,328! That should keep Veterans Affairs Director Jim Williams busy!
2. Today's Forecast: According to the National Weather Service, it will be sunny this morning...then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight it will be mostly cloudy in the evening, then clearing. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
3. Quote of the Day: "Even though I have no children in the program anymore, I can't sit idly by and watch as this music program gets cut down and down." Jack Sheehy, president of the Tewksbury Music Association, speaking at the School Committee budget hearing Wednesday night.
4. This Date in Tewksbury History: March 25, 1987 It is reported on this day that Tewksbury begins fluoridating the town water, up to one part per million, “the level most effective for improving dental health,” according to the Merrimack Valley Advertiser.
5. It's Happening Today: The Spring Fling Hoedown will take place tonight at Tewksbury Country Club starting at 7 p.m. Yee-haw!