On Friday, Feb. 14, at 9:30 p.m. State Hospital campus police requested assistance for a past assault between two individuals at the detox unit. Brian P. English, 28, of 39 Hillside Road, Reading, was arrested and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
On Saturday, Feb. 15, at 10:14 p.m. a caller reported a man sitting in the road at Oakdale Mall in a shopping cart. Police arrested Robert J. Landers, 63, on an outstanding warrant charge.
Also on Saturday, Feb. 15, at 6:47 p.m. police attempted to stop a vehicle near Extended Stay America. Officers arrested Frank M. Cavarretta, 26, of 4 Bryant Street, Woburn, for failure to stop or yield and failure to stop for police.
Friday, Feb. 14
- At 7:47 p.m. a resident requested an officer speak to his Oliver Street neighbor regarding him blowing all the snow into his driveway.
Saturday, Feb. 15
- At 5:44 p.m. a call came in for a vehicle off the road on Foster Road.
- At 6:58 p.m. a woman reported that her husband has not come home after a sporting event at Wynn Middle School. Officers went to the scene and did not find the vehicle, but there were calls filing out of the parking lot as the officer pulled in.
- At 4:40 p.m. a woman called 911 from Maple Street to report that she slid off the roadway and is unable to open her car door. A tow company was notified.
- At 6:21 p.m. a 911 caller from Cracker Barrel reported a woman unresponsive. Several ambulance crews were sent to the scene.