Flames can spread quickly, within the blink of an eye. Luckily for one Tewksbury resident, he was able to douse flames at his parents' home just as quickly.
The Lowell Sun reported that on Sunday Tewksbury resident Kevin Giacomello was burning branches in his parents' yard when a spark landed on a neighbor's property and the area of an old tree and surrounding brush quickly went up in flames.
But Giacomello's fast actions stopped the situation from becoming more dangerous.
While the neighbor called the fire department, Giacomello grabbed a fire hose and got to work putting out the flames, which he successfully did by the time the Fire Department arrived, according to The Sun.
Click here to read the complete Lowell Sun story of Giacomello's action in its entirety.