At 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 20, a detective requested a wrecker on Middlesex Turnpike for a search warrant. Samantha D. Souza, 23, of 80 Acton Street, Lowell, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering of a vehicle or boat daytime for felony and larceny under $250.
On Friday, Feb. 21, at 2:15 p.m. a call came in for a male shoplifter at Home Depot. Police arrested Brian Andrew Jopson, 44, of 112 Pawtucket Road, Tyngsborough, and charged him with larceny over $250 and an outstanding warrant.
Thursday, Feb. 20
- At 11:36 a.m. a six-car accident occurred on Route 93 South. State Police were notified to respond, as were several Tewksbury and Andover crews. State Police handled the scene and one ambulance brought a victim to Winchester Hospital.
- At 5:52 p.m. dispatch reported a man at Motel 6 who was possibly intoxicated. Officers responded to the scene, but the man was sober.
- At 8:32 p.m. Massachusetts State Police reported a vehicle fire on Route 495 South. State Police officers handled the scene along with Tewksbury fire and police responders.
Friday, Feb. 21
- At 2:19 a.m. a 911 caller reported that her husband has locked himself in the bathroom of their Foster Road home for about two hours and has been talking to himself. He has a history of mental illness, but she does not believe he is on any medication. He would not come out of the bathroom and said he would “blast through the door” if anyone tried to come in. The woman was transported to the police station and Tewksbury Police authorized a call to the North Eastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council. At 4:33 a.m. crews reported that the situation was resolved and the man was transported to a nearby hospital.
- At 9:49 a.m. a woman came into the lobby to report that her passport was either stolen or missing.
- At 10:00 a.m. a woman reported that she just lost a piece of her car in the middle of the intersection of Main Street and Route 495.
- At 10:24 a.m. police checked on a dumpster in the road on Jennies Way. The company responsible for the dumpster had it removed.
- At 12:26 p.m. a party came into the station to report that he was bitten by a dog the previous night.