Update 10/3- Tewksbury Fire Department Engine 2 responded to a call from a resident of 121 Rockvale Road Tuesday night for a fire in the bedroom of the split-level residence, according to Tewksbury Fire Chief Mike Hazel.
The Fire Department responded in approximately three minutes, and all residents were able to make it out of the home safe, according Hazel.
The fire was put out quickly once firefighters arrived on the scene, according to Hazel, and Andover, Billerica and Wilmington were called in for mutual aid coverage.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical and possibly caused by an overloaded electrical circuit, according to Hazel.
The fire caused extensive damage to the bedroom it started in, as well as heat and smoke damage to surrounding rooms, according to Hazel.
According to Hazel, the fire caused approximately $150,000 worth of damage.
The homeowner was able to retrieve some belongings from the home, according to Hazel.
Chief Hazel reminds all Tewksbury residents to check and make sure their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working and stocked with new batteries.
Original Post- Tewksbury Fire Department responded to a two alarm fire at 121 Rockvale Road Tuesday night, according to scanner reports.
The fire started in a bedroom of the two and a half story wood frame residence and spread to the attic, according to scanner reports.
The fire was knocked down by Tewksbury firefighters.
Stick with Tewksbury Patch for more information on this incident as it becomes available.