The Seniors will hold a Giant Yard Sale at the Senior Center, 175 Chandler Street, this Saturday, Oct. 5th from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event also features luncheon specials and a yummy bake sale table. For more information one may call 978-640-4482. Admission is Free.
Those traveling to Foxwood on October 7th are reminded that the bus departs from the Senior Center at 7 a.m. sharp. Tickets for the November 6th Foxwood trip will go on sale Tuesday, October 15 at 8:15 a.m.
The Upscale Consignment Boutique will be holding its "Intake of Items Day" on Monday, October 7 from 2 to 6 p.m. On intake day the boutique is open until 6 p.m.
RN, Karen Orband, will be at the Senior Center on Tuesday, Oct. 8 for the Diabetes Academy meeting at 10:30 a.m.. New attendees are always welcome. Ms. Orband is a great resource for those who may have questions about Diabetes. The public is welcome.
Unfortunately, both the Aquasino trip scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 10 and the Salem Cross Inn and Quabbin Reservoir trip scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 17 have now been CANCELED due to the lack of interest. Refunds for both trips are now available.
In the evening on Friday, Oct. 11 the Silvertones Band will hold its monthly dance. Tickets will be available at the door at $10. Why not come on down for an enjoyable evening of dancing or just plain listening to the sounds of a 17 piece band.
The Piecemakers will hold its Annual Quilt Show at the Senior Center on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 19 and 20. The hours of the show are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $6 and luncheon specials are available for purchase.
A Senior Center Cootie Party will be held on Monday, Oct. 21 beginning at 12:30 p.m.One may want to mark his/her calendar for the following events - Tickets are now available:
- The Friends Halloween Dance of Friday Oct. 25 at 7 p.m.. A costume contest will be held at 7:15 p.m.. Music is being provided by the Fred Manzi Band. Tickets will also be available at the door at $10.
- The Edwards Twins Matinee Show of Sunday, Nov. 3rd - $35 These talented twin brothers, Anthony and Eddie, impersonate famous stars, both male and female. They do not lip sink but actually sing themselves. They have received rave review in Las Vegas and along the eastern coast. An amazing show one will not want to miss. For more information, one may call 978-640-4480 during the day and 978-851-4243 after 5 p.m. The public is welcomed.
- The Blues Brothers, Band & Revue Show of Friday, Dec. 13 - $10 (This show will be funded, in part, by the Tewksbury Local Arts Council and the Massachusetts Arts Council.) Another show “not-to-miss” featuring 9 nine piece pop-music band, a lead vocalist and harmonica, backing vocals.
- The Friends New Year's Eve Dinner/Dance of Tuesday, Dec. 31 - $50
A Cribbage Tournament will be held at the Senior Center on Saturday, Oct. 26. The registration fee is $20 per person. One may register prior to the tournament or upon arrival at noon on the day of the tournament.
Then on Sunday, Oct. 27 the Seniors will hold a Breakfast Benefit and Mini Fair at the Senior Center. The Breakfast will be held from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.; and, the Mini Fair will be open from 7 a.m. to noon. Table space is available to the public for the Fair.
DJ Jon Mansfield will be back for an afternoon dance on Monday, Sept. 28. Those purchasing tickets ($6) by Oct. 23 will have lunch included.
Medigap Presentation from the following companies will take place on the dates noted:
- Friday, Nov. 1 at 10 a.m. – Tufts Health Medical Preferred by Gerald Lodge
- Friday, Nov. 8 at 2 p.m. – Fallon Health Care by Heather Bousquet
- Friday, Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. – BC/BS by Heather Hurd
If one would like to have a representative from another company do a presentation, please contact the Council on Aging at 978-640-4482.
Tickets are also available for the following Red Hat Carnation Belles activities:
- Wednsday, October 30th – Red Hat Halloween Party with a costume contest, soup'nsandwiches and a show by “The Amazing Sensations”. The event will start at 6 p.m. and the cost is $15 per Belle.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 – Buffalo Bingo and refreshments - $5
- Thursday, Dec. 12 – A trip to the HuKeLau for lunch and a Christmas Show - $54
One may check out the Tewksbury Police Department's web site for information on the week long activities.
The Tewksbury Police Department, in cooperation with the Merrimack Valley Pavilion, will be hosting the 15th Annual Community Sale Halloween on Sunday, Oct. 27th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at MVP, 2087 Main Street. There will be games, face painting, safety demos, dancing, music and lots, lots more...a great day for all our Tewksbury children and grandchildren.Have a great week. God Bless America.