Next Monday, September 4th, the Upscale Consignment Boutique will hold its “Intake of Items” day from 3:00 to 7:00 PM. Please note that the boutique is no longer taking summer clothing. Fall clothing is now being accepted.
Those people traveling to Foxwood next Wednesday, September 5th are reminded that the bus shall depart from the Senior Center at 7:00 AM sharp. Tickets for the next Foxwood trip of October 9th will go on sale Tuesday, September 11th at 8:15 AM.
Seniors should note that due to the State Primary of next Thursday, September 6th, all activities at the Senior Center will be canceled for the day. The only exception is the hot lunch program which will be served in the cafe area. The Senior Center is the location site for precinct 1 and 1A. All poling sites are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
A new exercise program will begin next Friday, September 7th. The class will be called “Tune Up - Get Down” and will concentrate on upper body weights and moving to music with lots of fun. This introductory class will be free this first week. The class will be held every Friday mornings from 9:00 to 9:45 AM.
The following trips and events are taking place in September:
- Friday evening, September 7th – The Friends Dance with the Fred Manzi Band – 7 to 10 PM Tickets are available at the door at $10 per person.
- Monday, September 10th - The 15th Annual Mary Ann Wareham Golf Connection Tournament at the Indian Ridge Country Club - Single fee is $130 – Foursome Fee $500. Event includes: Continental Breakfast, 18 holes of golf with cart, plated luncheon and prizes. Tee time is 7 AM. Registrations now being taken at the Senior Center or by calling Linda at 978-851-4243. Sponsorships are welcome. This event will benefit the building fund and the construction of a woodworking shop.
- Monday, September 10th – Bunka Embroidery Class resumes at 1:00 PM – The fee is $65 for a 13-week semester.
- Thursday, September 13th – Oil Painting Class Begins at 1:00 PM in crafts room. The fee is $75 for a 10 week semester.
- Thursday, September 13th – Bunka Embroidery Class at 1:00 PM in fabric arts room. The fee is $70 for a 14 week semester.
- Friday, September 14th – Red Hat Autumn in New Hampshire day trip at $55 per person.
- Friday, September 14th – Silvertones Dance – 7 – 10 PM. Tickets available at door at $10.
- Sunday, September 16th – Senior Center Breakfast Benefit – 7:30 to 11:00 AM – Adults $6, Children 12 and under $3 and Toddlers Free.
- Tuesday, September 18th – Swinging Seniors Chorus Practice Resumes at 4:00 PM – All are welcome to join the chorus.
- Saturday, September 22nd – The 3 Swingin' Tenors direct from Las Vegas plus a family style Turkey Dinner. Tickets now available at $40 per person. Dinner at 6 PM – Show at 7:40 PM.
- Friday, September 21st – The Bourne Scallop Festival - $48 – limited to 30 people.
- Monday, September 24th – DJ Jon Mansfield afternoon dance $6
- Wednesday, Merrimack Outlet Stores – Time and Price TBA
- Saturday, September 29th – Senior Center Yard Sale – Tables available at $15 or two tables for $25. Registrations are now being accepted.
On Sunday, October 21st – The fantastic Edwards Twins Celebrity Impersonator Show back by popular demand. Tickets are now on sale at $55 per person and include a buffet luncheon.
In October, Barbara Antinoro will conduct a Pastels class. An interest list is now being compiled for this class. The Class will run for 6 weeks on Monday morning from 10 AM to 12 noon and the fee will be $50. If interested, please place your name on the list at the front desk.
Drive carefully, school is in session. God Bless America.