Here are five pieces of information designed to get your week off to a gee-golly whiz-bang start and to help make you the smartest person on your team.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will feature patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph in the morning.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday A slight chance of showers between 1pm and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 9pm. Patchy fog between 4am and 5am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday A chance of showers, mainly after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Why is it so shocking to find out that a business owned by a Christian (who actually closes his stores on Sundays) would be against same sex marriage?" Reader Melissa Gleaton, commenting on the story,
3. It's Happening Today: at the at 2 p.m. For all ages. Bring a blanket or sleeping bag and a pillow. Stretch out on the floor with your snacks and enjoy a movie in the air conditioned meeting room! No registration required. Proper movie behavior expected at all times.
This week's movie is Big Miracle. Set in Cold War-era 1988, Big Miracle tells the true story of a small-town news reporter and a Greenpeace volunteer who enlist the help of rival superpowers to save three majestic gray whales trapped under the ice of the Arctic Circle. Rated PG. Run time is 114 minutes.
4. Vote Early, Vote Often: The battles are raging in the Best of Tewksbury Patch Readers' Choice Awards voting. You can vote once a day in each category, so vote early, vote often.
5. Quote of the Day: "My Polish heritage has never been a large part of my life. When my great-grandparents came to America, they chose to assimilate to the culture at the expense of tradition." Leah Maciejewski, who has been awarded a Fulbright Grant and