Here are five pieces of information designed to start your Wednesday off on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person taking a moment of today to recall the significance of the Dec. 7.
1. Today's Local Weather Forecast: According to the NWS, today will see Showers. Patchy fog. High near 49. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: Rain showers before 4am, then rain showers, possibly mixed with sleet between 4am and 5am, then rain showers and snow showers, possibly mixed with sleet after 5am. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy dense fog. Low around 33. North wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
2. This Date In History: It was 70 years ago today that Japan launched a sneak attack on the Naval Base at Pearl Harbor in the U.S Territory of Hawaii. Thirteen ships and 188 aircraft were either damaged or destroyed. 2,402 Americans were killed and another 1,282 wounded. The attack hastened the involvement of the United States into World War II and inspired President Franklin Delano Roosevelt to call Dec. 7, 1941, "a date which will live in infamy."
3. Reader Comment Of The Day: "I like the "wolf on a leash" story. If it makes whoever called it in feel any better, a neighbor of mine had a brother visiting his house with his Husky. The Husky pulled away and took off running, while still wearing the leash, and was found about 2 hours later. I live a few street over from where the sighting took place." Reader Shaun, commenting on the story,
4. It's Happening Tonight: The is scheduled for tonight at 6:30 p.m.
5. It's Happening Today, Part 2: Today is a half-day for Tewksbury Public School students. So be extra careful on the roads around lunch-time and if you happen to see some teens hanging out at the variety store around noon, they are NOT playing hooky.