The Tewksbury Public Library is an educational and cultural centerpiece of the community. The library is home to an impressive selection of print and multimedia material and offers numerous educational and cultural events for adults, teens and children throughout the year. The building also serves as a meeting place for several community organizations. Diane Giarrusso, Library Director, works with the Library staff members, Trustees and Friends of the Library to provide the best services and collections possible.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 10am - 8pm; Thu - Fri, 10am - 5pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, closed. Closed on Saturdays during June, July and August.
- Handicap Accessible: Ground level access; elevator access to 2nd floor
- Parking: Free lot
- Specialties: Easy access to over 89,000 items for adults, children and teens including: over 150 magazine and newspaper subscriptions; over 6,000 audio books and music CDs; over 6,000 DVDs, and over 74,000 books! Get a free library card if you don't already have one!
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Users must have a valid libary card on file and must enter the card each time a computer is used. Computers are reserved in 60-minute time periods. Illegal activity is prohibited. Privacy cannot be guaranteed.
- Programs/classes: Summer Reading Programs, Programs for under 5's, Crafts, Movie Nights, Chess, Author Talks, School Nights, Workshops, Book Club. More programs are added each year thanks to the efforts of the staff, Friends of the Library and Board of Trustees.
- Book donation information: Books, DVDs, CD's and items in other formats are accepted. Items not accepted into the collection are sold at one of the Friends of the Library sales. Items in poor condition are recycled or discarded.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No