Friday, May 24, 2013
Your Memorial Day weekend forecast, an early release day for Tewksbury schools, detour information for Monday's parade and more in town on May 24.
1. Your Memorial Day Weekend Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Absentee ballots are only available to Republicans I believe. Just kidding," Reader Malcom Nichols commenting on the article, How Can You Obtain an Absentee Ballot for the Special State Election? 3. It's Happening Today: Friday, May 24 is an early release day for Tewksbury Public Schools. 4. It's Happening This Weekend: It's Memorial Day Weekend, and Monday is the annual Tewksbury Memorial Day Parade. The parade kicks off at 2 p.m. on Monday. To accomodate the parade route, several roads around town will be closed Monday. We've got all the detour information you need. 5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, Tewksbury Youth Soccer League has announced the date for their Annual…
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Your 3-day local weather forecast, the TMHS class of 2013 top 10, Redmen girls varsity softball and more in Tewksbury on May 23.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Ya I get what your saying too but I actually got to play one of the people in this mock crash my junior and senior year and a decent amount of kids were shook by it. Especially, my senior year when I actually played the dead victim. People were trying to make it real in their heads as if I actually died and it shook them to the core. Not saying all kids get it but some do and that's all that matter sometimes," Reader Renee commenting on the article,Scenes From the Tewksbury Memorial High School Mock Accident. 3. It's Happening Today: The top 10 students in the Tewksbury Memorial High School Class of 2013 will be honored by the Tewksbury Rotary Club at 12:15 at the …
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Your 3-day local forecast, the Redmen hit the road in their final week of the season, two public meetings and more in Tewksbury on May 22.
1. Your 3-day Local Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I'd like to thank the Tewksbury Police for helping my family and the other citizens out today and the Tewksbury School personnel that were on hand to answer questions. Today was a very scary day for my family. I am glad my son is safe and I feel sorry for the person who caused this mess. I don't think firing someone would be a good idea. As the article says I was at work in Woburn, MA and I made it from my office to Heath Brook School in about 13 minutes. I didn't care if a State Trooper was on the highway I was getting to that school asap. So many things go through your head at a time like this. In the end my son is safe and his classmates are safe. Hopefully the school will …
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Your 3-day forecast, a mock crash at TMHS, Redmen softball play at home and more in Tewksbury on May 21.
1. Your 3-day Local Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "My sister and I make a yummy vegan quinoa and veggie stew: http://yummyvegancreations.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/quinoa-and-vegetable-vegan-stew.htmlIt is warming, filling, easy and delicious," Reader BethanyKasey Huff commenting on the article, The Many Uses of Quinoa. 3. It's Happening Today: The Tewksbury Police Department will be presenting a “Mock Crash” at Tewksbury Memorial High School on Tuesday at 9 a.m., targeting the junior and senior student population. 4. It's Also Happening Today: Redmen varsity softball will take on Lowell Catholic High School Tuesday at 7 p.m. 5. ICYMI: The Tewksbury Police Department is offering free Rape Agression Defense courses for women …
Monday, May 20, 2013
Your local forecast, the first annual PMC Golf Tournament, a callout for Boston Marathon runners and volunteers and more in Tewksbury on May 20.
1. 3-day Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Dogs from pet stores are mostly bread in midwest. Even though they come with papers, private breeders are not always welcoming to store bought dogs. They call them fence hopping breeds. I only say that I don't understand y they mix breeds. That is no different. Unfortunately animals that come from stores aren't always treated right either," Reader Linda Fowler commenting on the article, This Week's Pets Available For Adoption Through Lowell Humane Society. 3. It's Happening Today: The First Annual PMC Golf Tournament will be held at 8 a.m. at the Tewksbury Country Club. This event donates 100% to Dana-Farber and The Jimmy Fund thru the Pan Mass Challenge. 4. The Latest From Jon …
Friday, May 17, 2013
Your weekend forecast, the Ryan School puts on a performance of Aladdin, Redmen girls lacrosse takes on Methuen and more in Tewksbury on May 17.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Sounds like a reasonable plan to me," Reader Robert L Homeyer commenting on the article, School Committee Approves Family Cap For Athletic User Fees. 3. It's Happening Today: The Ryan School Drama Club is putting on a production of Aladdin at 7 p.m. at the Ryan School. Admission is free! 4. It's Also Happening Today: Redmen girls varsity lacrosse will take on Metheun High School at home at 3:45 p.m. 5. Yard Sales Abound!: With a nice weekend weather-wise predicted, there are several yard sales scheduled in the Tewksbury area this weekend. Check out our compilation of all the yard sales scheduled for this weekend, and let us know in the comment section if we missed any!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Your 3-day forecast, Redmen boys lacrosse takes on Triton High, the Tewksbury Rotary Club holds a meeting and more on May 16.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I'd love to see a rail trail in Tewksbury. Any way we could see a map of the proposed trail? As an aside to the bicycle haters, rail trails dont remove bicycles from streets, they just provide a recreational option. People will still ride their bikes on streets, as is their right," Reader Tom H commenting on the article, Tewksbury Town Meeting Approves Rail Trail Study Ahead of Bay State Bike Week. 3. It's Happening Today: Redmen boys varsity lacrosse will take on Triton High School at home at 3:45 p.m. 4. It's Also Happening Today: The Tewksbury Rotary Club will meet at the Tewksbury Country Club at 12:15 p.m. All are welcome. 5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, last …
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Your local weather forecast, Redmen home games, the latest blog post from the Redmen boys U16 team and more in Tewksbury on May 15.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "It is not being used for the turf field itself, rather the drainage costs and other related aspects of the project. The turf cost is supposedly being covered by a combination of the PARC grant, some offset costs from the HS project and funds raised by the FOTAC group." Reader Karyn, commenting on the article 'Ayes' For Turf Field, Rail Trail at Tewksbury Town Meeting. 3. It's Happening Today: The Public Health Museum, located in the Old Administration Building of the Tewksbury Hospital, is open today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Swing by to check out exhibits including pioneering public health, campaign against tuberculosis, history of public health hospitals and patent …
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Your 3-day local forecast, a blood drive at Tewksbury Country Club, Redmen softball takes on Dracut and more on May 14.
1. Your 3-day Local Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "The drink of Bermuda...Always have many when down there!!!" Reader Dan, commenting on the article, "Cocktail Hour Will Be Looking Dark and Stormy This Summer." 3. It's Happening Today: The Blood Drive for Boston’s Children’s Hospital and the Jimmy Fund Clinic will be held Tuesday May 14 at the Tewksbury Country Club from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM. The blood drive is sponsored by Tewksbury Brownie Troop #65332. 4. It's Also Happening Today: Redmen varsity softball is on the road, taking on Dracut High School at 7 p.m. Stick with Tewksbury Patch for full coverage of the game. 5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, Tewksbury boys and girls track cleaned up at the MVC Division 2 championship…
Monday, May 13, 2013
Your 3-day forecast, a reminder about a road closure in town, good news from the Redmen track camp and more in Tewksbury May 13.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Wish I had room I would adopt many more!" Reader Kim commenting on the article, This Week's Pets Available For Adoption Through Lowell Humane Society. 3. It's Happening Today: Beginning on Monday, May 13, 2013, River Road between Hood Road and Andover Street will be closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Read more about detour information for the River Road area on Monday. 4. Redmen Track Claim MVC D2 Title: The Tewksbury High girls track team won 13 of 15 events and rolled over Lawrence, 111-27. The victory clinched the MVC Division 2 championship for the Redmen and capped a perfect 4-0 league season. 5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, Patricia Lally, …